Have you ever wondered why homeowners will hire carpet cleaning park city professionals instead of renting a machine and doing it themselves? The reality is that there’s a big difference in what a rented machine can do and what professional carpet cleaners can do. You’ll want to keep reading to learn more about the tools that carpet cleaning professionals use, plus everything you need to know about how much it costs as well as time and maintenance.
What exactly do professional carpet cleaners do?
Carpet cleaners have two great advantages over homeowners trying to wash their carpets on their own: way more advanced equipment and a lot more experience.
- Professionals know how to exactly handle sticky situations, such as tough to remove stains, water damage, and specialty fabrics that need proper care.
- Professional carpet cleaners also have access to special tools that you can’t get your hands on. This includes UV lights for cleaning tough to remove stains as well as high-quality equipment to be able to perform hot-water extraction, which is also known as steaming.
What Exactly Is Steam Cleaning?
Steam cleaning is like hot-water soil extraction that allows it to clean carpets far more than just the surface. Oddly enough it’s not actually steam, but it’s just very hot water that’s pumped through a hose that can help get rid of the dirt that is deep down in your carpets. Here’s how streaming actually work:
- First, the carpet cleaning technicians will pre-condition your carpet with a carpet cleaning solution that helps loosen up any stains or dirt. They may also go over your carpet with a special brush to make it more effective.
- Then they will use a high-pressure hose that’s hooked on the machine outside, the carpet cleaners will then spay your carpets with very hot water, that’s sometimes 300 degrees or higher, rinsing away all the dirt and stains.
- Then after soaking your carpets and rinsing them they will immediately vacuum up the solution into the tank that’s outside, leaving you with nothing but a clean barely damp carpet. The carpet will completely dry in a matter of a few hours.
How Often Should Your Carpets Be Cleaned?
For optimal results, you should get your carpets cleaned professionally every 12 months. Not only it keeps your carpets clean and fresh, but it also extends the life of your carpets. Most carpet manufacturers might even require professional cleanings in order to keep your warranty on the carpet. And also professional carpet cleanings don’t take long at all. Generally, it will only take about 20 minutes to clean each room.
How Much Does Professional Carpet Cleaning Cost?
On average, carpet cleaning park city will cost anywhere between 15-30 cents per square foot. So for example, if your home is about 1000 square feet then the total cost can be anywhere between $150 to $300 per visit. Carpet cleaning services that could cost extra are:
- Bad odor removal
- Stair cleaning
- Area rugs cleaning
- Couch cleaning
- Furniture moving